Michelle Johnson's Reviews > Lawless

Lawless by T.M. Frazier

Guuuuuuuugghhhhh. Bear just breaks my damn heart.

photo tumblr_nxkrv7QC3D1uapm9co1_500_zpsem13wgsi.gif

4.5 Stars!
Going into this book, I already knew
1. Based on what happened to Bear in the last book within the series, this one was going to be intense.

2. T.M. Frazier spares no prisoners. She goes for the heartstrings showing no mercy.

Literally within the first five chapters, my head would not stop shaking from left to right with how baffled I was from the events that unfolded. Sure enough, it just kept getting worse as the chapters went on.

Let me start with Bear. The impression that I got from him based on the last two books was that he was hard, but sweet. Knowing what happened to him, I suspected he may become rock solid but wasn't expecting him to be as volatile as he was. He was mean, cold, broken and so very dark..., but my goodness was he perfect.

Then there's Thia. Imagine the worst thing that could ever happen to you, then times it by two and add nuclear explosives to it. That's Thia's life. Many times when I finally thought that Bear would be kinder or nicer or more compassionate and he wasn't, my heart would break more for her. But she's one strong cookie. I enjoyed her character very much.

Although some parts reminded me a little too much of King and Doe's story in similarities, I absolutely loved the tension, anger and chemistry between Thia and Bear. Despite predicting how their story would unfold, every minute of it was still entertaining and heart wrenching.

If you haven't gotten into the King Series yet, be well warned that its not for the faint at heart. It's a raw, emotional and at times extremely f*&ked up read, but its so so so so so damn good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lawless.

June 4, 2016 – Started Reading