Kayla (Kayla's Book Nook)'s Reviews > The Replacement Crush

The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts

Dec 17, 2016

bookshelves: ya-contemporary, young-adult, borrowed-from-library

*4.5 Stars*

Ever since I heard that this story followed a book blogger, I NEEDED it in my life. As you know, I myself am a book blogger, so I knew that the protagonist would be my soulmate. So, I placed a hold for it at the library and waited... waited... and waited... until one day, the text came! The text saying that it was ready for pickup. So, I rushed to the library to get it, and then what ended up coming out of the book was pure awesomeness!

Haha, I hope you guys liked my little anecdote! In short, I really enjoyed The Replacement Crush. It was everything I wanted it to be, but unfortunately, it did have some minor flaws.

For a short summary, this book revolves around Vivian "Viv," whose crush didn't want to admit that they kissed that summer. So, Viv decides to find herself a "Replacement Crush" to help ward off all the sadness she had to face, and thus makes a list of boys she knows won't break her heart. When a new guy named Dallas comes to town, Viv doesn't want to put him on the list, but... can she resist?

Viv, even though she is an awesome book blogger like me, did have her flaws. At first, I found her to be a little bit stubborn and whiny. I get that she was disappointed about her crush not reciprocating her feelings, but maybe she went just... a... little... overboard? It does flow well with the plot, though, so I didn't mind too much. Despite all this, I have to say that I did warm up to her by the end of the book as she started to face her dilemmas with courage and bravery. Also, of course, we are both BOOKISH AND PROUD! (There should really be a flag for that, just saying <3.)

And Dallas. Oh my gosh, Dallas. That super dreamy, adorable love interest. I swooned over him for the entire book. If I can't resist him, then I HAVE NO IDEA how Viv could.

Now Viv is a book blogger, but do they actually MENTION book blogging terms? Why, the answer is yes. There are mentions of ARCs, rating systems, book reviews, and more, and at times, we can even see glimpses of blog posts Viv has written, which is awesome!

The one minor flaw- ONE MINOR FLAW that this book had was all the drama. I wasn't expecting it at all- I was only expecting a cutesy, fluffy romance. Now there are some books where the drama is completely fine, such as in another recent read called Winning , but the drama in this one was quite annoying and unnecessary.

All in all, The Replacement Crush totally met my expectations, however there were just a few tiny things that are keeping me from giving it a full 5 stars. Anywho, for avid contemporary romance fans wanting a relatable bookish protagonist, this book is soon to become a new favourite! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement Crush.

June 3, 2016 – Shelved
June 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 7, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 7, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-contemporary
December 17, 2016 – Started Reading
December 17, 2016 – Shelved as: borrowed-from-library
December 17, 2016 – Finished Reading

Bookfandom1001 loved the review made me want to read it more

Kayla (Kayla's Book Nook) Hope you enjoy :)