Philippe Lazaro's Reviews > If You Feel Too Much: Thoughts on Things Found and Lost and Hoped For

If You Feel Too Much by Jamie Tworkowski

bookshelves: memoir-and-essay

“What if all those things that make up your story, the hard stuff and the good stuff, all the fears and dreams– what if all of it matters?”
– Jamie Tworkowski

I’ve been reading If You Feel Too Much by Jamie Tworkowski. Many of the essays and thoughts in this book were familiar pieces I’d already seen floating around online, but reading a bunch of them in succession was really kind of amazing. It accomplished it’s goal of painting a picture of life as an incredible, often difficult yet worthwhile thing.

This book lived up to my expectations. It lived up to its title. It was centered on the feelings of life, and in a very substantive way. It had a gritty edge along the side of its words.

This may come across as high praise for the book, and if it does, good. That’s what I mean it to be. This book made me want to write again. I know I already write a lot, but this reminded me so much about what I loved when I started turning thoughts into words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Feel Too Much.

June 3, 2016 – Shelved