Rikki's Reviews > Beautifully Damaged

Beautifully Damaged by L.A. Fiore

Jun 03, 2016

bookshelves: fiction, romance

** spoiler alert ** I was continuously shaking my head about myself while reading because I just soaked this one up and loved it.

The heroine, well, I would have walked out on that guy much sooner (but would have come back as well, I am very forgiving), but she rationalized everything so nicely.. The hero, perfect, rich and without a flaw (apart from the self loathing, stalkerish behaviour and anger issues, but these are just "minor" problems that we see in every other romance). It seems that L.A. Fiore's hero often do the most stupid things that hurt the heroine no end in order to "protect" her. What can I say, I forgave him. You know how it is, it hurt him just as much, if not more.

I forgive almost everything as long as I can see a connection between the couple and so I was ok with the most idiotic things. For example, if anybody in real life got that tattoo after that time, I would seriously question that person's common sense, but here, no problem.

I was more annoyed at the obvious plot holes where the mystery was concerned. Apart from the police officer who knew everything and eventually became an accomplice to the killer, the timeline that didn't add up somehow, the mother who assumed that if she was unresponsive her children would leave the house and then showed initiative even though she was drugged up - there were tons of things that were explained and resolved in a way that made NO sense whatsoever. Still, I couldn't help liking it. A lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautifully Damaged.

June 3, 2016 – Started Reading