Sue Hodges's Reviews > The Perfect Tear

The Perfect Tear by Connie Lansberg

U 50x66

The Perfect Tear is a delightful surprise. Not just a fantasy, but a gritty medieval tale of good versus evil and courage through adversity. Our heroine is Eleanor, a simple farm girl with an extraordinary gift of song. This gift is stolen by the evil Lerion, an inter-dimensional being who, wants to destroy the world she loves. To defeat him, she has to find the exquisite crystal that holds the answer to her future salvation. The story goes to some very dark places, but there is always a feeling that Eleanor's innate intelligence will overcome the odds. The characters are well drawn. Complex but engaging–her widowed father Charles who is conflicted by the choice he has to make, her true love Edward, her constant loyal companion Bella, a tiny goat, and, the grotesque monsters from another world. I loved this book. It has an underlying spiritual element and teases the imagination. I hope to meet Eleanor and friends again in the sequel and maybe even the movie. It would be a great visual experience.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Tear.

May 26, 2016 – Started Reading