Tina's Reviews > Ultimate Weapon

Ultimate Weapon by Shannon McKenna

May 04, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed-twolipsrevies-com

Val Janos is a covert operations specialist. He has learned to be mysterious and sinister when need be. Tamera is the only woman who completely understands his moods and attitudes, including his need to win at all costs; she matches that need in him perfectly. Val has one weak spot: Imre, the frail old man who befriended him when he was a scared, hungry kid on the Budapest streets. Mobster Daddy Novak is threatening Imre. If Val doesn’t give him Tam he is going to kill the old man. Will Val give up the only woman he could ever love to save the only family he has left?

Ultimate Weapon by Shannon McKenna is a thrill ride from page one. Val is a strong alpha hero. He has grown up on the streets, saved by the kindness of Imra, an old man who believed in him; he knows he owes all that he is to Imre. He would do anything for him. But giving up Tamera is asking a lot? She is the one woman he would protect with his life. She is feisty and can defend herself. She matches Val's wit and doesn’t let him get away with anything.

The fiery passion between these two is scorching. I liked the depth of emotion and the connection these two had. The plot that is interwoven with the romance is really riveting. This was a long involved read that I really didn’t want it to end. If you are looking for a quick read, save this book for another day, but if you are looking for one with lots of depth, enough action-adventue and suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat, plus superb character development and angst, this is the perfect read to pick up. I am definitely glad I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultimate Weapon.