Cassie Zavala's Reviews > The Fallen Prince

The Fallen Prince by Amalie Howard

U 50x66

(I recieved an eARC of The Fallen Prince in exchange for an honest review)

If you’ve read The Almost Girl you know even before picking up The Fallen Prince that you are in for a treat!! (If you haven’t read The Almost Girl – stop reading this immediately and start reading Amalie Howard’s The Almost Girl) Because honestly, I have to say that this sequel is even better than the original!

The quick-paced, action packed story picks up after The Almost Girl’s end and gives you exactly what you were craving. It was clear to me that between novels Amalie Howard upped her story-telling game! The plot moved at the perfect pace, the character’s were given more depth, and the world-building (oh my god, the world building) was on point! Amalie Howard successfully took us on another adventure into a new world that was at once terrifying, thrilling, and attention grabbing! I LOVE when authors transport us to another world and earth seems to fall away and Howard successfully did that in The Fallen Prince.

As I mentioned, the characters, Riven and Caden experienced a lot of growth and were given more depth. Riven was, to me, a lot more likable in The Fallen Prince. She was smarter, wiser, and stronger. Caden is a leader. I very much enjoyed watching the pair grow, both together and make sacrifices they had to for the greater good. It always irks me when a romance seems to be the focal point and the only thing that matters to the protagonists when there’s so much more important stuff going on, but that did not happen here. The romance was seamlessly added into the story, paced well with the rest of the plot and action!

I’d say the series is definitely worth a read. Even if you aren’t necessarily a cyborg fan (I’m not either), you may find yourself pleasantly surprised and totally into the novel (I did!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Prince.

Finished Reading