Erin's Reviews > The Cresswell Plot

The Cresswell Plot by Eliza Wass

liked it
bookshelves: october-2018

I don't know how I feel about The Cresswell Plot. I assumed that I would know if I liked this book or not by time I finished reading it but I still don't know.

The Cresswell Plot is about Castella Cresswell, her five siblings and her very very mentally ill parents. Her father believes he receives messages from God that include such craziness as the belief that once they die they will all marry each other in heaven...Oh and apparently they're the only ones going to heaven. This family gave me Duggar vibes and severely creeped me out.

I felt as I was reading it like nothing was happening but I also couldn't stop reading it. I'm very confused.

Can a book be boring and compulsively readable at the same time?

I decided to give The Cresswell Plot 3 stars because 4 stars was too many but 2 stars seemed too harsh. I don't rule out waking up tomorrow and completely changing the rating and review. It could happen.

No rec because I'm baffled.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cresswell Plot.

June 2, 2016 – Shelved
June 2, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 19, 2018 – Started Reading
September 20, 2018 –
page 12
page 25
page 37
page 69
25.37% "This family is giving me Duggar vibes."
page 110
40.44% "This book is making me so sad."
page 129
47.43% "Is it weird that I don't know if I like this book but I also don't want to stop reading it?"
page 159
page 174
63.97% "I just don't know."
page 188
page 204
October 8, 2018 – Shelved as: october-2018
October 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

classic reverie Great review, Erin and interesting how you were drawn to it but yet bored. I suppose the writer bewitched you!

Erin classic reverie wrote: "Great review, Erin and interesting how you were drawn to it but yet bored. I suppose the writer bewitched you!"

Thanks! Yeah, I'd be interested in reading future books by the author to see if it was the story or her writing that so befuddled me.