Jodie's Reviews > Undressing the Moon

Undressing the Moon by T. Greenwood

May 04, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, favourites
Read from May 04 to 06, 2011

Some people think I am crazy when I answer the question of what books I like best and I say sad ones, painful ones, hard to read ones. It is not the sadness and pain I like, but it is all the living before the sorrow. The love, the connection, the growth. You cannot appreciate the white in life without the black. This book was so beautifully written, the parallels between the coloured glass, the drawers labelled holiday and sorrow, the opal, the crimson and blue all reflecting the myriad of emotions I felt for Piper, Quinn, their Mother and Becca, a friend we should all be so lucky to have. This book at times made me feel very uncomfortable, but I like to be challenged, I like it when a writer trusts her reader to do some writing of their own between the lines. I just loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undressing the Moon.

05/09/2016 marked as: read

Michelle Such a great book! I love all her stuff. We actually read "The Hungry Season" for our last book club and the author came. So great. She is immensely talented. This book was really powerful and hard to read, like you said.

Jodie Yeah I know you are a big fan of hers, I can totally see why. I liked this a great deal better than Two Rivers and I am sure I will go on to read some more of hers.

Carolyn Russett what a great way to put into words the feelings many of us have about reading sad books. sounds odd to say we like those kinds of books....but you were able to put into words why. well done