Honey's Reviews > The Carpenter and the Fairy

The Carpenter and the Fairy by Cassandra Gold

May 04, 2011

Dragged to a Halloween party by his best friend, Mason doesn’t expect the instant attraction he feels to a man who is nothing like his usual type yet has eyes he drowns in and is sweeter than candy floss. Avery is a fairy in every sense of the word except the paranormal, described as “too gay” by even a past partner, he’s learned to accept himself even if others don’t.

This book was a little gem. I loved how even though Mason and Avery fell into each others beds so quickly they didn’t fall into each others arms as fast. Mason stood back so he could take stock of his feelings and even though it hurt Avery and annoyed me it made sense considering Mason and his expectations of what it was he wanted.

They had a wonderful connection and watching them discover each other was very sweet. My only complaint is that I wanted more. It’s something that normally happens when books are this short, but in this one specifically Cassandra Gold set up a relationship with such potential that I can’t help but feel the loss at not being able to watch it develop myself.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Carpenter and the Fairy.