litljen's Reviews > Ten Thousand Truths

Ten Thousand Truths by Kelli Jean

***ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review***

I honestly am not sure that I can do this book the justice it so rightfully deserves but I'm going to try my best. Ten Thousand Truths is the third book in Kelli Jean's Ten Thousand series. It does follow characters from the first two books and references many things that have happened in them so I definitely recommend reading Ten Thousand Words and Ten Thousand Lies prior to reading Ten Thousand Truths in order to fully understand the story line progression and the backstories of the characters. However, with that being said, it could certainly be read as a standalone but you would be sorely missing out on 2 amazing stories if you don't read Ten Thousand Words and Ten Thousand Lies first.

Let me first start by saying that this book gutted me and had me ugly crying during many parts. The story is a dark one---the situations that are presented, both those that happened in the past and those that occur later in the book are disturbing and traumatic. This may be a trigger for some but since I do not want to reveal any spoilers, I won't say what they are. Just know that there are some doozies in this book! Kelli Jean approaches them in such a sensitive way that the reader will feel empowered and hopeful after everything is revealed. But these particular situations are extremely detailed and will definitely rip your heart out but do not let that deter you because it is not all darkness...it is also very funny and supremely sexy. Your emotions will be all over the place throughout the book and that's what makes it so great! There is an element of suspense and danger as well and Kelli Jean throws some serious curve balls that will truly shock the reader and she couldn't have done it any more perfectly!

In my opinion, this book is one of the author's best and that's saying A LOT because all of her books have been 5 star favorites for me (hello, she wrote NOLA's OWN which is my all-time favorite series!!!). There is so much to love about this book---the intense chemistry of the main characters, the bonds of friendship and family between every character in the book, the incredible sense of loyalty of each to those they love, the strong desire to right all wrongs and the beauty of finding the one person to complete you and heal you from the inside out. All of Kelli Jean's books are extremely sexy and TTT is no exception. The love scenes will set you on fire! Deo is delicious--picture the stunningly sexy Jason Momoa ---and the fact that he has no problem showing his tender side toward his woman and can look beyond the surface to find the true beauty underneath makes him an immediate addition to my ultimate book boyfriend list. He and Opie are sheer perfection together. The beauty that shines from these two is evident throughout the book and it is clear that they are destined for one another. Opie is a strong woman who has faced evil and hardships that most would never survive. Watching her blossom and become who she is destined to be was an experience in and of itself. It left me feeling inspired, completely hopeful and content. She is pretty much one of the strongest heroines I have ever read and her transformation is breathtaking.

It's truly hard to write a comprehensive review for a book like this due to the fact that there are far too many potential spoilers that could be given away. Let's just say that this is a book you do NOT want to miss. It will tug at every single one of your heart strings, make you feel so many different emotions (happy, sad, angry) make you weep (or ugly cry as it did for me), shatter your heart into a million pieces and then put it back together again piece by piece, ultimately healing you with hope and happiness. It was truly an emotional ride and one that I am so glad that I took! Ten Thousand Truths does not deserve only 5 stars....it deserves way more because it is absolutely perfect! But since I'm only limited to 5-stars, let's call this one a 5+++ star read. One final note---there is a cliffhanger at the end but not having to do with Deo and Opie's story. It is a cliffhanger that sets the stage for the next book in the series about 2 other characters. I, for one, cannot wait to see what Kelli Jean dreams up next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Thousand Truths.

June 2, 2016 – Shelved