C.G. Drews's Reviews > Death Note, Vol. 4: Love

Death Note, Vol. 4 by Tsugumi Ohba

bookshelves: 4-star, graphic-novel, read-2016

HEEEEELP MEEEEEE I HAVE LIKE 7 ANXIETIES ABOUT THIS SERIES. No wait. I have nine anxieties. Seriously I am so stressed out right now. AH. AH. AH.

(Ahem.)

So Vol #4 was filled with many new plot twists that TOTALLY threw me. I honestly cannot predict what is going to go down next. And is it bad that I'm kind of devastated that Light (view spoiler) My brain is spinning. Ahem.

MY THOUGHTS WHILST READING THIS ONE:

• I liked that this one focused more on Light (which is fair because Vol #3 was more about "L".)
• I really didn't like the introduction of Misa, the second Kira. Like, ugh, it was just "here let's throw in a girl who has no motivations or life or anything except a CRUSH ON A BOY". It was really insulting for girls all over the universe actually.
• So while Misa was cute, she had no complex character development. CONFUSING. Because all the other characters are so epic.
• Hmph.
• But yet....THE PLOT TWISTS AROUND MISA WERE AMAZING.
• And I was so stressed out in this one because AHHH the heat is really turned up high.
• Also "L" doesn't sleep.
• And he exists on donuts and tea, apparently. But dude, you need a nap eventually, right?
• Why is Light's hair so fantastic? IT JUST IS.
• (It's so hard to even semi-review these books without spoilers.)
• Basically this one leaves me craving the next book quite severely badly. I have NO IDEA WHAT'LL HAPPEN NEXT.
• I also am liking how we get to know more about the shinigami (god of death) and all the rules around the Death Note too. Things got a little more complicated here, and it's interesting to know the shinigami's weaknesses.
• Also I love the art and expressions. IT'S LIKE READING A MOVIE.
• Okay goodbye now. I need to go devour mooooore.

This one is definitely my least favourite because of the terrible introduction of a semi-love-interest, but is also STILL AMAZING because it's so compelling and the twisty.

#CaitisAddicted
#SendHelp
#HaHaDont

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Note, Vol. 4.

June 2, 2016 – Started Reading
June 2, 2016 – Shelved
June 2, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% ""Cait are you addicted to this series or something?"\n \n NO WHY WOULD YOU ASK WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT. I'M CALM ABOUT IT ALL, I SWEAR."
June 2, 2016 – Shelved as: 4-star
June 2, 2016 – Shelved as: graphic-novel
June 2, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
June 2, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Charley (new)

Charley Robson *steals an apple off Ryuk and settles into the scenery to watch the fun*
Oh, I cannot WAIT to see how your thoughts end up.

I'mogén I'm glad you like it! This series is so intricate and intense and I can't wait to see what you think about the rest of the manga.

I'mogén oh, don't forget to check out the 2 light novels after; L changes the world and Another Note

C.G. Drews @Charley: I can't wait either. XD I just want to DEVOUR THEM ALL IN ONE SITTING.

@I'mogen: Ahhhh I can't wait to read them all! :D

message 5: by Darnia (new)

Darnia Avoid any review for this one before you finish the whole series. The twists would blow your mind even more. I can guaranteed :)

C.G. Drews @Darnia: Excellent advice. XD So far I'm not reading other's reviews, ehehh.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie  Hanna WHY THE POINTLESS LOVE INTEREST. WHY. Seriously, it's so annoying when authors do that. (SO glad you're enjoying the series as a whole so much, though :-) )

Hannah (Ivyclad Ideas) WHEN DID YOU START READING THESE?!?
Unpopular opinion alert! I actually like Misa. That said, "L" is my favourite character. ;)

C.G. Drews @Jessica: I KNOW. ;_; It was so sexist how she was introduced and her character portrayal the whole time. The series is male-orientated, fine, but when they DO bring in a female it just sexualises them as shallow love-interests???? #no

@Rain: LIKE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I'M REALLY REALLY ADDICTED. XD