Jo's Reviews > Raw Redemption

Raw Redemption by Tessa Bailey

bookshelves: 4-5-stars, book-boyfriend, feel-good-read, gr2017, mine

Now here he was. A man aching for one woman, unable to have her. But kind of hoping she’d show him a little more of that teasing nonetheless. The verdict was in—he’d lost his fucking mind.

A few months ago Henrik Vance briefly spoke to Ailish O’Kelly for the first time and his life changed in ways he never thought it would. It didn’t matter to him that he was a cop and she was the daughter of Chicago’s most dangerous criminal. All he knew was that he needed to protect her, and that’s what he did, but it cost him his badge. With a choice between going to prison or joining the criminal squad under Captain Derek Tyler, Henrik chose the squad. For months he’s been fantasising about Ailish and trying to find her before her father does. And he knows once he finds her, he’ll do whatever he has to keep her safe.

This girl. She was either going to be his reason for living or the reason he died.

I loved the huge and sexy Henrik. His obsession with Ailish was very sexy, how he only wanted her since the first moment he saw her. And the way he risked everything to keep her safe made my heart melt.

The man’s torso was like a rock-climbing wall. Muscles so defined, they swelled out, like they were waiting to be used as footholds. Arms like cannons. But holy hell, his butt took the mother-loving cake. The very top curved above the back waistband of his jeans, like two ski slopes made of solid male muscle. She had the sudden urge to slap his backside.
How rude was that when she’d already shot him?

Ailish is used to being a prisoner, a prisoner of her father and his criminal life. She’s never experienced freedom, no matter how many times she tried to run away, because they always found her. Until the day the cops interrogated her and instead of locking her up, they let her go, giving her the opportunity to finally run for freedom. But she knows her father won’t just let her be and when Henrik finds her hiding place she’s afraid to trust in the sexy ex-cop. But there’s no denying the sizzling chemistry between them, the things he make her feel.

Was she brave enough to go back to Chicago and face her demons if it meant being with Henrik when it was all over?
Yes. Yes…she’d always been brave enough. But now she had something to fight for.

I loved Ailish and her blend of innocence and wicked teasing. I could totally understand her craving for independence and her wariness in trusting Henrik when she’s never had anyone she could trust before.

“I couldn’t let them take you away from me, Ailish. I was already in love with you. I was already your man in the park. And they wanted to put you away. No. No. I wouldn’t…I couldn’t ever let it happen, baby. I need you.”

I loved the romance, how these two couldn’t keep their hands off each other. And with Henrik’s delicious dominant side, the sexy times were SCORCHING. Tessa Bailey sure knows how to write panty-melting scenes ;-)

The plot was suspenseful with Henrik trying to keep Ailish safe, her father determined to get her back, and the criminal squad trying to put him behind bars. And of course I loved all the secondary characters, seeing how happy all the different couples were, especially Bowen and Sera. Bowen is still my favorite!

This series is awesome and it just cemented the author’s status as one of my favorite authors. Her steamy romances are so addictive and a must read for all romance fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raw Redemption.

June 1, 2016 – Shelved
April 19, 2017 – Shelved as: book-boyfriend
April 19, 2017 – Shelved as: feel-good-read
April 19, 2017 – Shelved as: gr2017
May 22, 2017 – Shelved as: mine

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Aileene (new)

Aileene *eyes bugged out*

Gimme, gimme GIMME.

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Aileene wrote: "*eyes bugged out*

Gimme, gimme GIMME."

LOL, Henrik is SO yummy, Aileene!! :-D You will love him :-)

message 3: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Super review, Joanita! xoxo

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fab review Joanita xx

message 5: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Yasmin ✨ wrote: "Terrific review! :) Can this be read as a standalone??"

Deborah wrote: "Fab review Joanita xx"

Nazanin wrote: "Super review, Joanita! xoxo"

Thank you so much, ladies!
Yasmin, yes it can be read as a standalone :-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Awesome review, Jo. Would it matter if I haven't read any of the other books in this series???

message 7: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Awesome review, Jo. Would it matter if I haven't read any of the other books in this series???"

Thanks so much, Carol! No, you can definitely read this one as a stand-alone! I'm sure you will love it too :-)