Sherin's Reviews > Playing the Perfect Boyfriend

Playing the Perfect Boyfriend by Julie Particka

F 50x66
Jun 01, 2016

A sexy HAWT cover that left me wanting to grab this book right off the shelves, I was glad when I got an ARC.

Having liked the first two books of Gone Hollywood, I expected more from Playing the Perfect Boyfriend, third book in the series.

This is the story of Jade a photographer, and Dean, an upcoming and younger actor. After a hot one night stand, Jade stumbles upon her ex-boyfriend Isak, an established actor whom Jade wants to win back.

Jade is a playgirl ;) you can say and never sticks with anyone beyond sexy romp(s) under the sheets, except Isak with whom she had the longest relationship - 3 months. She calls him "the one who got away" and wants to get back with him, because he can offer her the stability she craves.

So, the hot one-night stand with Dean suddenly becomes a relationship to get get Isak's attention when Jade knows he is back in town. She does this to convince Isak that she is a relationship material.

So, she just needs to make sure she doesn't fall for sexy hot Dean and pine for Isak the stable and boring man! After all, heart wants what it wants right? That's what happens in this story. For the life of me, I couldn't connect with Jade. She has had a bad childhood and doesn't let anyone close because she doesn't want to become like her mother without realizing, by trying to get "settled" with Isak she is just doing that!

Dean having fallen instantly "in love" with Jade decides to make it his mission to prove to her that Dean is what she needs, even if it hurts him to play by her rules while she is trying to win Isak back. Will Dean succeed? Will Jade realize what she is doing before it is too late? You will have to read the book to find out ;).

While Jade is headstrong and owns her sexuality, I find her truly lacking as a heroine material and she did not do enough groveling in my opinion. However, Dean was a sweetheart and though he has had a rough past, he has a huge heart and doesn't let his past get the best of him.

A sweet and swoon-worthy read, which would have been better with a more heartwarming heroine who is worthy of the affection and devotion Dean has to offer.

**I was offered an ARC in exchange for honest review by Entangled Publishing through Net Galley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing the Perfect Boyfriend.

June 1, 2016 – Started Reading