Ray Sunn's Reviews > Of Beasts and Bonds

Of Beasts and Bonds by N.D. Jones

43519864
May 31, 2016

If you think the first book was great, this one outdid the last one! I read half of the book in one night, but was drawn away by pressing matters I had to take care of, then I finished the other half the next night or is it morning since I stayed up till almost 4 am to finish reading it. It was that gripping good!

I really enjoyed the love story between Sanura and Asefa, a bond strengthened, not destroyed despite Mata Wata inflicting immense tragedies upon them and their love ones. You can feel the deep emotional connection between the two lovebirds, but not only that with cherry on top, the sex scenes were scorching hot, which is how I like it.

Another thing I like what the author did was creating intrigue between Asefa's right hand man, Zareb, who was referred to also as the "Shield," and Sanura's best girlfriend, Cin. I could feel the irresistible attraction between them, pulling like a moth to a flame. You will know what I mean if you read the first book in regard to Cin's relationship status. Just the whole interactions between her various characters had me fascinated.

One moment I was fanning myself from the heat, the next I had tears welling in my eyes from the exchanges between Sanura and her mother or the grief of one of Asefa's close friends. There were other moments too, but I don't want to give spoilers here. You have to read to feel for yourself what the author had evoked in me with her story. It's the hallmark of a great writer if she can touch a chord in the reader's heart. She sure did for me. I can't wait for the next installment!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Beasts and Bonds.

May 21, 2016 – Started Reading
May 23, 2016 – Finished Reading
May 31, 2016 – Shelved

message 1: by Constance (new) - added it

Constance Burris Beautiful review!

message 2: by Ray (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ray Sunn Thanks glad you like it! It was a great read for me.