Jennifer Garcia's Reviews > The Contract

The Contract by Melanie Moreland

bookshelves: 2016, arc, kindle

I love it when an author can make me feel so much for the characters, whether good or bad at least you're invested, right? Well, Ms. Moreland definitely accomplished that in this story. For probably the first 50% of the book, I hated Richard. He was pompous, rude, cold, callous, and extremely self-centered. Katherine, his assistant, ate his crap for a whole year for her own reasons, important reasons. The best part of feeling so much for characters is when you watch them grow and your opinion changes. I'll let you read it to see who changes and how. It's all part of the beauty.
I truly didn't want to put the book down and only had to for dinner. The story captured me and I was dying to know what would happen with these two people, who at first glance were not made for each other. Then, you see it happen and it's glorious. I mean, just imagine, a marriage contract between two people that absolutely dislike each other so much. What would possess them to want to do that? Well they have their reasons.
The side characters were so well done that even I wanted their approval. They were fun and heart-warming and helped in the overall turn of things.
The ending was beautiful and I wish there was more, but it truly ended in a perfect place. It's just hard to let the characters go, and I didn't want to at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Contract.

May 30, 2016 – Started Reading