Sana's Reviews > Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

if this garbage can get somehow miraculously get published then i have hope the smut i wrote three years ago can too. this book is fucking horrible. i wanted some badassery but instead i got a shitty love traingle and annoying characters who i wished just......... died.

i was so incredibly bored for the first 130 pages of this book and them i skimmed so much that i made it to page 295 in two minutes. then i forced myself to suffer and actually read and i found it somewhat alright

but this book was still fucking bad? i really don't get why people like this, but whatever, my guy. each to their own.

Also, don't come @ me saying I didnt read the right book or "your opinion is wrong bitch!!!!!" do yourself a favor and leave and don't annoy me with comments like that. everyone has a right to express their opinions however they want. thanks and goodnight.

-----
i want my sjm virginity taken in the most painful way possible. i haven't saved myself for this long just to be disappointed.

seriously, I'm so excited to read the badly written smut and growls and purrs and talons. (or is that in her other series? lmao)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Throne of Glass.

May 30, 2016 – Shelved
May 30, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 26, 2018 – Shelved as: need
August 5, 2018 – Started Reading
August 6, 2018 –
page 30
7.43% "so far, I just want to punch Celaena in the face???? this is boring 😪"
August 6, 2018 –
page 80
19.8% "Chaol Westfall??? more like Coal Waterfall."
August 8, 2018 –
page 114
28.22% "can everyone in this book just fucking die. what a garbage ass book"
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: boring-af
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: unfinished-series
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
August 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)

Sona Via The important thing is to just keep going and give the other books a chance🤣🤣it gets sooo much betterrrrr

Sol ~ TheBookishKing Welcome to Trash City. We pray you look past this travesty and have better luck in Crown of Midnight 🙏🏽

Helena of Sparta ✰ For me, Throne of Glass was ok, Crown of Midnight was better, and Heir of Fire was a bloody disaster. I quit the series after that.

♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name) I’m scared to say I liked this series haha. Plz don’t hurt me 😂

gelowmichael Should start it now. It will be painful and quite dragging but I hope you loved Crown of Midnight and Tower of Dawn :)

Lexie This is series for me was pretty good until Empire of Storms. Then just, ugh 🙄. Hopefully it’s not a complete waste of your time!

Caryn {iam.caryn} You should start with The Assassin’s Blade

message 8: by rayna ♥ (new)

rayna ♥ i decided to only read acotar and not this series because theres just too many books and im not prepared to commit. but acotar was glorious (but poorly written) (but Glorious) so maybe this will be good too

Kristina Honestly the first two books weren't great for me. I had a hard time reading Crown of Midnight to the end, but it was so worth getting through bc I love the books after that with my entire being. But like--you should've started the series closer to October bc if you end up loving it as much as most people do, then you're gonna hate the wait. The ending of EoS fucked me up. I'm praying I don't accidentally die in the next 3 months just so I can get the closure I desperately need.

message 10: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Sona wrote: "The important thing is to just keep going and give the other books a chance🤣🤣it gets sooo much betterrrrr"

I'll keep that in mind!

message 11: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Solomon ~ TheBookishKing wrote: "Welcome to Trash City. We pray you look past this travesty and have better luck in Crown of Midnight 🙏🏽"

message 12: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Helena wrote: "For me, Throne of Glass was ok, Crown of Midnight was better, and Heir of Fire was a bloody disaster. I quit the series after that."

people either love or hate this series lmfao

message 13: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana ♡ Dakota ♡ wrote: "I’m scared to say I liked this series haha. Plz don’t hurt me 😂"

I'm glad you do! hopefully I love it too!

message 14: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana gelowmichael wrote: "Should start it now. It will be painful and quite dragging but I hope you loved Crown of Midnight and Tower of Dawn :)"

I want to feel pain from the feels!!

message 15: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Lexie wrote: "This is series for me was pretty good until Empire of Storms. Then just, ugh 🙄. Hopefully it’s not a complete waste of your time!"

thank you!

message 16: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Caryn wrote: "You should start with The Assassin’s Blade"

aren't those the short stories?

message 17: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana rayna wrote: "i decided to only read acotar and not this series because theres just too many books and im not prepared to commit. but acotar was glorious (but poorly written) (but Glorious) so maybe this will be..."

Fr, there are so many books, but I hope it's good! I'm excited to read the acotar series too!

message 18: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Kristina wrote: "Honestly the first two books weren't great for me. I had a hard time reading Crown of Midnight to the end, but it was so worth getting through bc I love the books after that with my entire being. B..."

yeah a lot of people say the series gets better, but I still hope I like this! ahhh waiting sucks

message 19: by ♥ Rebecca ♥ (last edited Aug 06, 2018 01:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

♥ Rebecca ♥ Sana wrote: "Caryn wrote: "You should start with The Assassin’s Blade"

aren't those the short stories?"

They are the short stories, but they give a lot of relevant backstory. I read them first and I can’t imafind doing otherwise.

The first book was ok, decent enough to keep reading. The next 2 were amazing IMO but not what really threw me over the edge. Queen of Shadows and Empire of Storms have me obsessed! So basically, for me, it just got better and better. I haven’t actually read Tower of Dawn yet.

♥ Rebecca ♥ Oh, and yeah, the talons and smut are in her other series. 😂

Selma Ouaras There is cringy smut in this series tho, I'll never forget the "velvet wrapped steel" line ever!!! 😂

♥ Rebecca ♥ Selma wrote: "There is cringy smut in this series tho, I'll never forget the "velvet wrapped steel" line ever!!! 😂"

That’s a pretty cliche line. Basically in every smut.

gelowmichael Sana wrote: "gelowmichael wrote: "Should start it now. It will be painful and quite dragging but I hope you loved Crown of Midnight and Tower of Dawn :)"

I want to feel pain from the feels!!"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA.

message 24: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ wrote: "Sana wrote: "Caryn wrote: "You should start with The Assassin’s Blade"

aren't those the short stories?"

I'll read the short stories after this book!!

ahhh I'm excited for this series!!

message 25: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ wrote: "Oh, and yeah, the talons and smut are in her other series. 😂"

LMAOOO I heard there's some bad smut in this one?

message 26: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Selma wrote: "There is cringy smut in this series tho, I'll never forget the "velvet wrapped steel" line ever!!! 😂"

oh my god. Are you for real. I'm choking

message 27: by grace ⚯͛ (new)

grace ⚯͛ (gracelwrites) HAHAHAHAHA

message 28: by mo (new) - rated it 1 star

mo good luck, sana. this one was....not a fun read for me to put it lightly lmao

Selma Ouaras Sana wrote: "Selma wrote: "There is cringy smut in this series tho, I'll never forget the "velvet wrapped steel" line ever!!! 😂"

oh my god. Are you for real. I'm choking"

Just wait and see :p , but there's no explicit smut until book 4 or 5 I think, the first ones are pretty tame.

Breanna Ahh! I hope you enjoy it! I started reading this series last month and I really liked it. But even if you don’t, there’s always acotar. A lot of people tend to not like one but like the other 🤷🏻‍♀️

♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔ I am so ready for you to read these. 👏🏻😍

message 32: by Sharmina (new) - added it

Sharmina acotar had me begging for death, so I'm too scared to even start Throne of Glass O_O

♥ Rebecca ♥ Sana wrote: "Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ wrote: "Oh, and yeah, the talons and smut are in her other series. 😂"

LMAOOO I heard there's some bad smut in this one?"

I’m halfway through book 5 and still no smut. If there is any it’s no where near as much as ACOTAR.

message 34: by Fuzaila (last edited Aug 07, 2018 12:45AM) (new) - added it

Fuzaila I'm so looking forward to reading this book and go into hibernation after a rant 😂 hope you enjoy Sauna :))

Audrey I was highly disappointed by the first one, so never again for that writer. If you’re in the right frame of mind, you might have a lot of fun with it.

Nenia ☠️ Hecka Wicked ☠️ Campbell I have book 5 on hold at the library

*rubs hands together*

let the fun begin

kazually you're in for a lot of pain

Elena well you're gonna be disappointed

DuhOrio I recommend reading the Assassin's Blade in between Heir of Fire & Queen of Shadows. I think the short stories (background info) are more relevant at this point of the story, especially because a few characters are introduced/reintroduced.

Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books) I'm suddenly very curious to see what you think of Celaena haha

message 41: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana grace wrote: "HAHAHAHAHA"

👌🏼

message 42: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana mo wrote: "good luck, sana. this one was....not a fun read for me to put it lightly lmao"

it's not fun for me as well 😩😩

message 43: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Selma wrote: "Sana wrote: "Selma wrote: "There is cringy smut in this series tho, I'll never forget the "velvet wrapped steel" line ever!!! 😂"

oh my god. Are you for real. I'm choking"

Just wait and see :p , b..."

Oh my god 😂

message 44: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Breanna wrote: "Ahh! I hope you enjoy it! I started reading this series last month and I really liked it. But even if you don’t, there’s always acotar. A lot of people tend to not like one but like the other 🤷🏻‍♀️"

yeah so far I'm not a fan of this 😩

message 45: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Jennymort ♔ The Dark Lordette ♔ House of Slytheread wrote: "I am so ready for you to read these. 👏🏻😍"

jennnn im not liking it so far 😭😭

message 46: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Sharmina wrote: "acotar had me begging for death, so I'm too scared to even start Throne of Glass O_O"

acotar is that bad? 😨

message 47: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ wrote: "Sana wrote: "Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ wrote: "Oh, and yeah, the talons and smut are in her other series. 😂"

LMAOOO I heard there's some bad smut in this one?"

I’m halfway through book 5..."

ahhh man

message 48: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana Fuzaila wrote: "I'm so looking forward to reading this book and go into hibernation after a rant 😂 hope you enjoy Sauna :))"

Thank you!! 😂

message 49: by Jeff (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeff Omg gurl you’ll love this series, its a beautiful story, ur SJM virginity will be taken guaranteed
❤️

message 50: by Sana (new) - rated it 1 star

Sana BooksandChocolate99 wrote: "A friend of mine dnfed it because of „smut“ in book 5😂 I just finished book 3 so I‘m thrilled to see what everyone is talking about...but in my view, the series just became good in book 3, anyone e..."

Yeah everyone says this gets better!! Im not a fan of this so far so i hope the next books are enjoyable

« previous 1 3