Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Bound to Serve

Bound to Serve by Julie Castle

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-kittyangel

Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Well, wasn’t this an interesting story. A little bit of mystery, a little bit of fun, a little bit of BDSM and a whole lot of Condor.

I’ll be totally honest with you … I’m still not sure if I truly like Bridget. She’s a woman with a chip in her shoulder, didn’t know how to take orders and definitely topped from the bottom. Now, there are times I enjoy reading about Brats but it seemed out of place in this story. She demanded to be part of the team to take down Perez but then sabotaged the mission every chance she got. If she listened to what Condor told her to do, she wouldn’t have put the mission in jeopardy. But, she did. And, then she really enjoyed the punishment that was bestowed on her by the one man who finally showed her what sex was all about.

Condor was interesting, sexy, dominant and powerful. He was the epitome of what you would think a dominant male would be. And, he really enjoyed the punishments he gave Bridget. There was a part of him that even enjoyed her brattiness at times. What he didn’t like was the way she disobeyed him around every turn regarding Perez. He was also a little bit insecure when he found out her thought-to-be-dead ex-fiancé was alive. He knew that what was between him and Bridget was getting real and didn’t know how she was going to take the news. Would she run back to him and switch sides like he did or would she see what was in front of her and embrace both him and her submissive side?

As for the mission and the storyline … it was really interesting. It kind of reminded me about stories I heard about an island in the Caribbean that held private parties called “Hedonism” and, from what I am told (no, I didn’t experience it myself), anything and everything was fair game. The only difference between this island and Hedonism was that there were no terrorists showing up for a good time.

I really enjoyed reading Bound to Serve and Julie Castle did a really good job of keeping me interested in how the story would turn out. Now, complete honesty here, I was not thrilled with the way the mission on the island ended. But, it’s a series so I guess we’ll have to wait and see what really did happen with Perez. I loved that, in the end, Bridget came to her senses and realized what she really wanted and went after it. It was actually the first time in the book that I really liked her.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound to Serve.

Started Reading