Ayekah's Reviews > Only for a Night

Only for a Night by Naima Simone

bookshelves: arc, contemporary-romance, emotional, explicit-sex, net-galley, panty-melting, serious-steam, talking-dirty

**ARC from Loveswept/Entangled via Net_Galley in exchange for an honest review**

First a huge thank you to Entangled for the honor of previewing this book! This book comes under the new Scorch line and scorch it did! I am a Naima Simone fan and she can write a story with some heavy steam in it. This book had both. Rion and Harper friends since they were teenagers, Rion raised to fit into the Irish mob who adored Harper but never felt good enough. And so he pushes her away. His rejection stings. She marries, endures a loveless, emotionally bankrupt marriage albeit brief, he husband dies. Rion and his two best friends struggled to leave the mob and are now owners of a highly prized very successful nightclub that includes a private sex club. Harper seeks out Rion, tired of being told who, what, where and wants him to help her. He agrees, reluctantly to give her one night of no holds barred sex. In between the scenes, we are scripted with their own thoughts, things unsaid between them. The emotions run high in this book, if you pull out the sex, which a reader can do, you see two hurting people who love each other, afraid of their own vulnerabilities, risk and feelings of being unworthy. This multi-layered story comes right at you. The characters are fully developed and a great story line. There wasn't anything I didn't like about the book.
I highly recommend the book and if this is the first book in the "Lick" series, I'll be first in line to read the others. Well done Naima! Thank you again Entangled!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only for a Night.

May 29, 2016 – Started Reading
May 29, 2016 – Shelved as: panty-melting
May 29, 2016 – Shelved as: serious-steam
May 29, 2016 – Shelved as: talking-dirty
May 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)