Karla's Reviews > I've Loved These Days

I've Loved These Days by Bethany Turner

I would be hard-pressed to classify this work of fiction into a category. What a unique and original story. Abby Phelps is a patient suffering "delusions of grandeur" who is seeing a psychologist. He suggests that Abby write down these delusions so they can discuss them. The remainder of the book is the result, Abby's memoir. She fancies herself an internationally-known figure skater, having won several Olympic gold medals. Her best friend is George Clooney, one of her love interests is JFK, Jr. She stars in a movie with Robert Redford. The author lines up these happenings and their timing with real life so much so that you begin to wonder if there isn't some truth to the story. I really became invested in Abby's character. I laughed and shed a few tears as I rooted for her. This really is brilliantly and intriguingly done. I can't wait to read Book Two of this trilogy to see what "happens" in Abby's life next. 5 of 5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Loved These Days.

May 29, 2016 – Started Reading