Floryie's Reviews > More Than Just Desire

More Than Just Desire by Summerita Rhayne

May 29, 2016

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is another first-time author for me and I didn't know what to expect from her book. I went in blind and for that, I am happy because if I had any expectations I surely would not have enjoyed it as much as I did.

The characters were unlike any other I have read. Usually, an author portrays the protagonists mostly in a good light. But this author is different. She keeps her characters realistic enough with her various shades of grey in their characteristics. I was totally unprepared for it. At the beginning, I was almost ready to hate both Piya and Arfaaz with their negativity but I am glad I stuck it out. They were slowly redeemed and though they don't get all rosy at the end, at least they turn into very intriguing individuals. But I felt that there were few parts where the author could have added more information about the heroine and the hero. Piya was sassy and a bit dark while Arfaaz was strong and bold. Both of them had my total attention till the end.

The setting was glitzy, obviously, since it is set in Bollywood. It showed every nuance of Bollywood and the way the lives are in that part of the country. It all added a very gritty but colourful look to the story. The romance was very sensual between the protagonists. I literally felt the heat and the author has given it the right touch without overdoing it.

The author knows how to engage a reader with her romance and it was a treat to read with its fascinating plot. I can recommend it to the romance lovers out there.

My rating : 4.5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Just Desire.

Finished Reading