Cindy's Reviews > Cheaper by the Dozen

Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth Jr.

Jun 04, 2007

Recommended for: Everyone
Read in June, 2007

And here I thought a book about a family with twelve children was going to be about the family, but no, it was about the father. He was a great father, not perfect by any means, but he knew how to be a great father.

And I thought that I'd learn more about being a good parent from this book, but no, I learned more about how to deal with my husbands antics.

This was a very funny book, and very enjoyable to read. It also offered a little history. I think everyone should read this book at least once.

And I thought a large family like that would be less of a novelty back then. Well, I guess not!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheaper by the Dozen.

message 1: by Alisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:18AM) (new)

Alisa I read this last summer... I think. Anyway, it has been awhile, but I remember enjoying it very much.
Actually, I would very much like to be a little "antic" like the father. He really seemed to love learning and wanted to instill that in his own children - and I think he was very creative about it!

message 2: by Sanoma (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:18AM) (new) - added it

Sanoma I don't remember the first time I read this book, but I have enjoyed several times over the years. I have used it in my Freshman English classes at BYU-Hawaii, and not a single student disliked it. I think everyone should read it at least once.