Angela Dawn's Reviews > A Heart Most Certain

A Heart Most Certain by Melissa Jagears

Where do I start? This book is amazing - the writing, the characters, the cover, the plot line - I loved everything! A Heart Most Certain is one of the best christian historical romances I've ever read. Gah!

Okay enough of my crazy raving haha. Lydia is a caring young woman who knows what it's like to be poor and have to ask for assistance. Thanks to the private and very wealthy Nicholas, the reader sees how Lydia's views on the world change. Her eyes are opened to the harsh realities of those even less fortunate than her.

Prostitution is a taboo subject that people don't like to discuss and those involved in it are looked at negatively today. So you can imagine what the general population felt about it in the early 1900s which is the time period A Heart Most Certain takes place. I can just imagine the fear and embarrassment Lydia must have felt when Nicholas took her around the red light district to help the children and women.

I am rating A Heart Most Certain a 5 out of 5 stars. The feels I felt for all the characters in this book especially the secondary characters...I didn't want the book to end. It's like I had to say goodbye to these people who became like friends to me. I sure am gonna miss Lydia and Nicholas ♡

I received this eARC from Netgalley for free in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Heart Most Certain.

May 28, 2016 – Started Reading