Brittany's Reviews > The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman

May 28, 2016

bookshelves: 2016-challenge, 4-stars, fiction, historical-fiction, military, reviews, romance

Check out my blog to see Reviews of Book and Movies, and check out some Recipes!

If you are a parent, in any sense of the word, I find it safe to assume that you would be hard pressed to read this book without being swept up in some kind of emotion.

Stedman has beautifully articulated the Light Between Oceans, but it's a rather painful read. The topics are extremely sensitive and it's hard to determine whose side you are on. This book deals with VERY real issues that have no right or wrong answers.

The Light Between Oceans lives on in the grey of life, in between the white and the black of the decisions that may be right or wrong. I felt tears roll down my face a number of times, for a child, for a mother, for a father in many different capacities and through the eyes of several characters.

Worth a read for the realism and the way that the tale is told. I wish the end would have told more of what came to pass in between, but I suppose it decided to just tell what needed to be told. A solid 4 stars for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Light Between Oceans.

May 28, 2016 – Shelved
May 31, 2016 – Started Reading
May 31, 2016 –
page 123
35.86% "Great read so far, heart wrenching and also wishing I could live on a desolate island"
June 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Megan Johnson I started to read this book about two years ago. I wasn't able to get into it at all!!! I hope you are enjoying it though!

Brittany I am enjoying the realism of it :)

Megan Johnson Awesome!! :)