The Jubilant's Reviews > Transition

Transition by Paige Walker

“I look down at my outfit. I am wearing the black, short, leather dress that Jade bought for me. The dress top slants across my torso and then drifts into the sleeve on my right shoulder.”

I just want to begin my review by saying that the author’s descriptions of things are amazing. I enjoy the author’s sense of fashion for what the characters wear. This is something that stood out to me and I really liked it. I have never read a book that really takes the time to create such cute & risky outfits before.

The book is narrated by Nicole Roberts. She is 18 years old brand new! She has it all going on! The boy toy, the family, the looks, the money, and the popularity. The thing is does she really have it all going on? Or is there something in what I described hiding under sheep’s clothing?

The narrator is a reliable source of information and really takes in everything that is happening to her. I do feel bad for Nicole around halfway through the book because she is REALLY fighting against her instinct vs. conscience.

While this book is only 275 pages I am happy to say it doesn’t lack creativity, wit, action or style! (haha)

One of the things that stood out in my mind is how it will be serious and then there is a dark humor type of dialogue between the characters.

Overall, I give this book a strong 4 stars. I hold back on my 5 stars solely because it was hard for me to figure out what was a dream the main character was having and reality. At first I thought it was an editing mistake! I was confused on how this could have been overlooked… The dreams are separated by “***” and I really feel there should be a clearer way to let the readers know it was transitioning from reality to dreams.

I was gifted this book by the author for reviewing and blog tour purposes. I thank the author and happylilbooknook for this opportunity. Don’t forget to follow @_paigewalker & @happylilbooknook on Instagram.

You can find me on Instagram @thejubilantreader

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transition.

May 28, 2016 – Shelved
May 28, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 29, 2016 – Started Reading
May 30, 2016 –
35.0% "The book did not waste any time beginning the story and i really enjoyed that. This is a vacation by the beach read and I am finding little to nothing wrong with the book. It is a well developed for sure!"
June 1, 2016 – Finished Reading