KatieV's Reviews > Alpha & Omega

Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs

18620847
I listened to a bit of Cry Wolf and felt lost, so I went back to this short story to catch up. I think it's pretty essential if you don't want to be lost, IMHO. Although now that I'm into Cry Wolf, I think the continuity is a bit off between the two. It seemed in this story that Charles knew what had happened to Anna at the hands of her pack (warning for systematic rape/abuse), but in Cry Wolf he seems a bit more fuzzy on just what Anna's issues are. He knows her former pack abused her, but doesn't seem to know exactly what form the abuse took or how severe it was. It's not a major failing. I can see why the author would choose to have Charles be more in-the-dark for plot/tension reasons.

Very interesting intro to a PNR/urban fantasy series. It captured my attention and seems to be adding some originality to the typical werewolf/mate stories. Charles is an intriguing character. I think this is going to be a little more relationship focused than sex focused as so many of those stories are.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha & Omega.

Finished Reading