Angie's Reviews > Storm Glass

Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy

Synopsis: "As a glassmaker and a magician-in-training, Opal Cowen understands trial by fire. Now it's time to test her mettle. Someone has sabotaged the Stormdancer clan's glass orbs, killing their most powerful magicians. The Stormdancers—particularly the mysterious and mercurial Kade—require Opal's unique talents to prevent it happening again. But when the mission goes awry, Opal must tap in to a new kind of magic as stunningly potent as it is frightening. And the further she delves into the intrigue behind the glass and magic, the more distorted things appear. With lives hanging in the balance—including her own—Opal must control powers she hadn't known she possessed… - powers that might lead to disaster beyond anything she's ever known."

My Review: It has been a while since I read the Study series that takes place prior to this book, so it took a little time for me to slip back into the world. The one good thing was that I didn't miss my favorite characters from the previous books as much as I would have expected. Opal is a great MC, she had many qualities that I could connect with and it drew me into the story. The sub characters were also each interesting and unique and I look forward to reading more with them. The one other thing that was really well done is that this was definitely separate from the original series but it was still well connected and a couple of storylines did carry over so there was that connection with the original series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Glass.

May 2, 2011 – Shelved