The Book Junkie Reads . . .'s Reviews > Shadow

Shadow by Christi J. Whitney

No slight. No cheat. Not disappointed. I got me a FABULOUS follow-up to Grey - The Romany Outcasts, #1. How could one young man be so sweet, true, real, endearing, and keep himself in the world around him that only wants to cage, chain, and demean him? I am hooked not doubt about it. I loved book one and I found book two to be amazing, intriguing, emotional, and captivating the senses of the world build around young Grey.

Sebastian gave a side of himself that was not seen so much in Grey (book one). He was a bit mouthy, short tempered, easily irritated, but still you knew it was him. He was dealing with much in his world. He has just found out things about himself he did not know. He had to adjust to the expectations, the realization, and the confusion of it all. He was in need of finding himself, understanding himself, and discovering who he was and destine to be.

No matter all the other characters that will be encounter in this read. You will find rich, developed, engaging, secondaries. The world was still engaging, dark with mystery, schemes, and conspiracies. There was more insight to The Romany Outcasts. The new introductions will provide some chills and glimpses of direction.

The experience was wild, thrilling, unexpected in places and immensely satisfying in others. Begging, pleading, patiently waiting to get to the end of the page/screen to get to the next page, next chapter. The intent was not to devour the book immediately. I wanted to savor it but that was not how things worked out. It was all over with way too fast. Please. Pretty please. When? Where? Will be book three?

Christi J. Whitney was on fire with this one. I am looking forward to an inferno with the next installment.
**This ARC was provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow.

May 20, 2016 – Started Reading