Kai's Reviews > Prince's Gambit

Prince's Gambit by C.S. Pacat

bookshelves: glbt, 2016, finished-series

“To get what you want, you have to know exactly how much you are willing to give up.”

This was even better than Captive Prince. Sudden plot twists, excellent scheming and unbearable tension made this book worth their 5 stars.
I'm honestly impressed. I've read a review about this book before starting it, and it said this was all about cock and more cock. So that's what I exepcted, sex scene after sex scene. But C. S. Pacat wrote an extremely well plotted, hence intruiging novel.
What really killed me was Damon's and Laurent's relationship. I was shivering with anticipation until the very end, I desperately wanted this ship to sail, while at the same time I didn't want this one big secret to destroy a promising romance. I'm sure you can tell that for me it was a very emotional read.

Now I'm even more curious to read the final book! I have high hopes and I feel like Kings Rising could actually meet, or even exceed my expectations.

Find more of my books on Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince's Gambit.

May 26, 2016 – Shelved
page 313
June 8, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
June 8, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 14, 2016 – Shelved as: finished-series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Gemma F Okay, your review makes me wanna start on this series even more!

message 2: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai It's pretty amazing, really

Anna Ooh, I just got the first book today and this makes me want to put aside my other books and start it immediately

message 4: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai I know that feeling :D

Anna a few weeks later and i've sped through the first two, they're gr9

message 6: by Kai (last edited Feb 01, 2017 06:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Anna wrote: "a few weeks later and i've sped through the first two, they're gr9"

I know, right? ;)

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I read this when it was first published free online and I still think about it. I can't wait to see what this author writes next. Such talent.

message 8: by Kai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kai Amy wrote: "I read this when it was first published free online and I still think about it. I can't wait to see what this author writes next. Such talent."

Me too! I hope it's something good.

Jean Dickens I'm glad you enjoyed it