Cecily Kyle's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

19467200

bookshelves: wobble, favorites

Amazing!!!!

So it took me forever to jump on the Game of Thrones bandwagon when it came to the television show, but I decided to give it a shot and now it is one of my favourite shows!!
That being said, I tend to not like to read a book if I have already seen the movie or show because I will already know what has happened and it kind of ruins it for me. However, with this book it was awesome because I was able to pick up on a lot of smaller details that I missed watching the show (really easy to do with so many story lines.) I feel like I am going to like the show even more now that I am reading the books.
I was also very pleased with how well the first season follows this book, even down to the details of the colours of clothing and what not, I was often thinking of the different scenes from the show as I read, this brings me back to the reason why I generally don't read after watching because I will never know how I might have pictured this world and these characters if I didn't already have visuals in my head.
Definitely a long read but oh so worth it!!
PS. I heard that the script and the books start to differentiate somewhere in the second book, but in a way that has me more curious to continue on.
Loved It!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

May 25, 2016 – Shelved