Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Fire Bound

Fire Bound by Christine Feehan

bookshelves: owned-copy, favorite-or-autobuy-author, favorite-series, redhead, assassin, lethal-women, married-couple-romance, soulmates, fated-to-be-mated, outcast, betrayed, orphan, found-family, sisterhood, brothers-and-sisters, set-in-italy, artistic-hero-or-heroine, artisan-or-craftsperson, russian-hero-or-heroine, russian-setting, russian-storyline-or-characters, not-for-the-faint-of-heart, sexual-trafficking-slavery, elementals, hot-and-steamy-romance, bdsm, kindle-book, hero-black-hair-gray-eyes, hero-to-die-for, heroine-i-adore, favorites, 2016-action-adventure-challenge, 2016-dangerous-hero-challenge, 2016-action-heroines-challenge, scary-sexy-cool-dangerous-hero, master-of-disguise, paranormal-romance, romantic-suspense, 2018-action-heroines-challenge, 2018-dhasg-challenge, reread
Recommended for: Assassin romance readers/action adventure romance fans
Read 2 times. Last read December 2017 to January 21, 2018.

2nd Reread 12/2018-1/2018

I just finished listening to a reread on Kindle and it stands up very well to reread more than a year later. I really loved the setup of this book. It takes place in Europe and has a different feel from the previous books. Lissa is a badass, and she meets her match in Casimir. Not quite instalove, but fairly closed, but I loved their bond. The scenes of them beign in love and expressing their love and working together really worked for me.

I adore all the Prakenskiis, but I like how special each one is with their particular woman. Casimir understands what drives Lissa and he makes his decisions based on that. I loved how they are 100% partners. The love scenes are volcanic (as before, the nipple clamps were too weird for me, but they seemed to like it).

I admit I skipped some of the overly descriptive scenes of the widow of one of the men Lissa targeted for revenge being sexually abused by the main villain(s) in the book. I just cannot deal with that right now.

I think this would be an awesome movie. It has such a cinematic feel to it.

I have finished rereading the previous books. Now it's time to finally read Bound Together, with the infamous Viktor, who promises to rock my world.!

Previous Review

I loved the different direction that Feehan took with Lissa's story. Instead of the story taking place in Sea Haven at the farm, this one is set primarily in Italy, and Lissa is not the hunted, but the huntress. I am always satisfied when Feehan introduces another Prakenskii brother. While I adore the GhostWalker men (flaws included), the Prakenskiis have a special place in my heart. Each brother gets near to my favorite. I am pretty sure that it's a bit of a four way tie between Maxim, Gavril, Ilya and Casimir now. I do dearly love Ilya, and I never thought Feehan could top him, but she has, boy howdy. I have a bizarre fondness for assassin leads, and I got two for the price of one with Lissa and Casimir. Lissa is the real deal, and I wish for more heroines like her.

Casimir is perfect for Lissa. He's her match and he respects her for the woman she is, that she's been fashioned into. It takes a strong man to acknowledge that a woman is his equal. While Casimir was protective of Lissa, he didn't try to get in the way of her mission, but is her helpmate. I like that they work together to fulfill their mutual goals, and that their passion burns hot and their love is true.

This book had more of a semi-overt BDSM tone than the other books. I am the first to admit I am not a fan of BDSM. Fortunately, it wasn't over the top, although there was one device that was definitely a little weird for my tastes. I did like that Casimir wasn't about subjugation or domination but mutual pleasure. There is a welcome contrast between their love play and what is going on unbeknownst to Lissa. I didn't like the scene in which certain men abuse a certain woman. It made me sick and I felt really bad for that poor woman. I was glad that Casimir had such a visceral and righteously angry reaction to that situation.

I felt for Lissa in that she was raised with so much betrayal. Despite that, she was incredibly strong and self-actualized. I just hate that she was used that way. When the people you trust and love do that to you, it's even worse. Even though she had her Sisters of the Heart, she had to hide that part of her from them, and that made her feel lonely and isolated. I was glad that she doesn't have to be lonely anymore.

The wedding scene was so touching, and I loved the surprise guest. those Prakenskiis are so romantic! All I have to say is that the next book is going to be something else. The pigeons are really coming home to roost. I am officially giving my seal of approval if Feehan has books for the other guys from the worst of the Russian spy schools. :)

This is my second favorite book series by Feehan for a reason. It's really hard to top the GhostWalkers for me. I freaking love that series like a house on fire. But this series is a close second . I think the Prakensii/Sisters of the Heart books have such great heroes and heroines. Strong men who aren't jerks, who appreciate their heroines for who they are and are willing to make sacrifices to be with them. I'm sad to see that it will end soon! All I can say to Ms. Feehan is, keep the Russians coming, please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Bound.

May 25, 2016 – Shelved
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-action-heroines-challenge
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-dhasg-challenge
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: reread
January 21, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine Kelly Can i get a BOOK REPORT ON THIS STORY?