Nicole's Reviews > Uprising

Uprising by Jessica Therrien

15209339
May 25, 2016

Elyse and her friends are back for more adventures in this second book of the "Children Of The Gods" Trilogy.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would definitely say that the series is a strong new entry to the Young Adult paranormal genre.
Uprising sees our favourite heroes and villains return, this time though things are getting serious. Will Elyse and her friends escape the clutches of the council? Will they succeed in creating a world that is free and fair for the descendants? Will Elyse and William's whirlwind romance continue to grow?

This book is much faster paced than the first one, the characters are coming into their own and Jessica Therrien weaves a tale of excitement and wonder. The plot is more action filled and the descendants finally get to shine and show off their abilities.

It is definitely a Young Adult series and, as such, does not have the epic depths and complexity of more adult fantasy novels, but I nonetheless really enjoy reading these books.

My thanks go to #TBC, the author and publisher for giving me a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uprising.

May 25, 2016 – Started Reading