Violet's Reviews > Dancing in the Reflections: As It Is Written, Things Which Eye Has Not Seen and Ear Has Not Heard, and Which Have Not Entered the Heart of Man, All That God Has Prepared for Those Who Love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Dancing in the Reflections by Patricia Mussolum

bookshelves: biography, non-fiction

In Dancing in the Reflections, Patricia Mussolum rejoices in the beauty of nature and the simple pleasures of home. Dancing is full of stories of God's simple gifts to her—like an armful of lilacs when she was hankering for a small bouquet, or the assurance, through a deer, a fawn, and rabbit, that God loved her on a day she felt like a failure. Any of us who have collected such moments of our own will find ourselves saying "yes," and "yes" again as we read this memoir.

Mussolum adds to the significance of her stories by finding spiritual lessons in them. Her knowledge of the Bible and love for it are obvious. Inevitably she casts thanks back to God for the ordinary "miracles" that once filled the box in her living room as a collection of notes, and now make up the contents of this book.

As I read her descriptive stories I felt like I was having a visit with a warm and upbeat friend. The short chapters would make this book a good choice for devotional or waiting-room reading.

Don't be surprised, though, if Mussolum's recollections get you to do more than just read. They may have you recalling God's goodness in your life—and fattening a journal with your own danceable remembrances.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing in the Reflections.

Started Reading