K.Butler's Reviews > Sean Griswold's Head

Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt

May 01, 2011

Read in April, 2011

Not such an attention-grabbing title, but turned out to be a good read. The main character, Payton, starts having some family problems and the high school guidance counselor suggests "Focus Exercises" to help her deal with her thoughts and feelings. She chooses Sean Griswold's head as her "focus object"; he is the boy that has always been seated in front of her because of alphabetical seating. All that focusing leads to her getting to know him in a way she had never imagined. I liked this book mostly because it is told from Payton's perspective and has some pretty funny narrating. I'm kind of a sucker for witty dialogue, and this story definitely has it. I also liked the quirky characters and the bicycle riding! The ending was super sweet, but afterwards I realized some questions had been left unanswered? Where did he get the scar from? Does she go back to playing basketball? This is a great book for middle schoolers, especially girls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sean Griswold's Head.