Clara's Reviews > A Heart Most Certain

A Heart Most Certain by Melissa Jagears

bookshelves: favorites, reviewed

This book caught me completely by surprise. I expected a light romance and an easy read.
What it turned out to be was a book to challenge our beliefs and actions.
When we preach forgiveness, grace and love - do we truly believe it is for everyone?
Are we truly willing to go out to those in need without judging and insisting even when help might not be first welcomed?
Have we truly confessed to God our need for His help to love because we are very judgmental people?
In "A Heart Most Certain" we follow Lydia and Nicholas's trajectory as they butt heads more often than not and try help those in need. The problem is that each one has a different idea of how this should be done.
But as they work together, old prejudices start falling and the characters are met with a challenge to stand for what is right, even if this means going against what society defines as "propriety".
I loved how the author did not make one character completely right and the other completely wrong. Both had their faults and both were right with the opinions they had. Therefore they were able to help one another see from a different perspective and break down judgments they had built.
I absolutely adored this book and will keep an eye on the next books of this series!

**Many thanks to Bethany House and NetGalley for providing me with a copy in exchange for my honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Heart Most Certain.

May 23, 2016 – Started Reading