Laura P.'s Reviews > Some Fine Day

Some Fine Day by Kat Ross

Feb 18, 2017

bookshelves: favorites

3.8/ 4ish stars

Here's the thing, I have never been a big fan of dystopian fiction. Yet, in the past years I ended up reading tons of dystopians (they grew on me lol)...

As it is often the case, it might become boring as more often than not the books end up being more or less very unoriginal.

However I'm happy to say this is not the case, Kat Ross does not disappoint, delivering an original and action packed book.

Believe me when I saw I found the concept of hurricanes and humanity gone underground extremely new (it was to me, at least) and very cool.
Some fine Day might like the polish her writing has in her recent works but it is still damn good.

The world-building was well done and even if the book was interesting but slow (but not to much) at first , the pace picked up soon enough...so much I couldn't put it down, it was a crescendo until the very end.

The characters were great, both the main ones and the secondary.
Jasin was a hell of a characters and I appreciated her greatly. Will was simply adorable. But I loved Nileen, the ship's captain whose name I can't spell, Rafiq and the others.
Besides, I can't stress this too much, the romance never got sappy and there was no love triangle in sight. Yuppie!!

The epilogue left me breathless and there is definitely room for more so...I'm definitely hoping for a sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Fine Day.

May 23, 2016 – Shelved