Haleema's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

did not like it
bookshelves: cheese, stupid, hate, predictable, just-begging-for-snark, meh, not-again, half-wit-characters

This book sucked and I need to write better reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

Finished Reading
April 30, 2011 – Shelved
October 10, 2011 – Shelved as: cheese
page 3
0.67% "Oh, dear. Should I be mortified? Excited? Hopeful? What is this... Wow. This cover is pure crap. What idiocy. Her head isn't even hanging down, it's UP! Like she's alive or something. What the hell are they doing by the shore?!"
page 4
0.89% "Blakely? Really? Ew."
page 19
4.24% "I'd woken up a mere handful of minutes ago, disoriented yes, but not stupid description"
page 20
4.46% "Who the hell is this cowboy in the middle of a graveyard? If I was Nora, I would run away from that freak. But if I was Nora, I would curse God for bringing me into this world."
October 19, 2011 –
page 30
6.7% "This is boring, to be honest. I feel weird for saying this, but having Patch the Pedophile not around is boring."
page 38
8.48% "Oh, no. It's Vee. On of the most annoying piece of crap that ever existed in fictional history."
page 38
8.48% ""I want you go to go now, he said in that deceptively velvet voice." Oh, crap. Really? Velvet AGAIN!? When will it stop? GOD! PLEASE! The horror!"
page 110
page 156
34.82% "What is it with authors putting their characters in horrible situations where they act the most stupid they've ever acted? Nora's an annoying dumbass!"
page 157
35.04% "Okay, is Jev really Patch? They're so similar. They both tried to kill Nora. They're both creepy and idiotic."
October 21, 2011 –
page 438
97.77% "*skims, skims, skims* Done. What a joke!"
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: stupid
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: hate
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: predictable
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: just-begging-for-snark
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: meh
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: not-again
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: half-wit-characters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)

Patricia Haha, I've summarized the whole thing for everyone who couldn't bear reading it. Although, I think in my review.. I wrote too much. Just a big "BULLSHIT" would have done the job.. XD

Haleema Exactly! Gosh, this book deserves all the bashing in the world. I have when people say, "You're wasting time on this book review!" NO I'M NOT! I'm giving it the bashing it deserves.

Patricia ^This.

I was thinking about that one for some time now and recently even more, because I've been asking people questions on my blog (There's a survey) and there were SO MANY who said they don't like negative reviews, because that's rude or that they don't see the point in that. When I asked about pet peeves someone (well more than one, actually) said somethng like "If you read the first book and didn't like it, why would you read the sequels? If you don't finish a book or don't want to then don't, but don't waste your and our time.." but where's the point in that? I want to know if the book is stupid and reviews like yours up there do point out what's stupid (read: everything, in this case).

Did you read the part with Nora and her mom vs. Marcy and her's?

Haleema I feel like bad books deserve horrible/mean reviews. We get our revenge, you know?

Patricia Haleema wrote: "I feel like bad books deserve horrible/mean reviews. We get our revenge, you know?

I didn't read that part! Again, I just skimmed through after reading the first hundred pages."

(Basically, Nora and her mom were stupid, ungrateful and unsympathetic.. While Marcie was there for her mother = good daughter. Of course, Fitzpatrick tried to make Marcie a bitch two seconds later.. but.. you know? *sigh*)

Revenge. YES! >:D

Love_books lmfao i always read ur reviews they're so damn funny. hard to miss really. how do u pronounce ur name? it sounds like a muslim name? anyways thumbs up. u write good reviews.

message 7: by Haleema (last edited Oct 25, 2011 04:48AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Haleema Thank you!

You're almost right! Except my name is Arabic. I'm a Muslim. =) It's quite easy actually. It's pronounced exactly how it's spelled. The "hal" would kind of be like "hul" instead of emphasizing on the "a" part.

Patricia Damn, and here I wanted to start bragging about how I know what your name means.. XD #toolate

(It was gentle or something like that, right? oô My mom thought about that name for my sister and ended up with Latifa.. which does so not match my sister's personality.. : D)

Haleema Patricia, it does mean gentle! However, I am far from gentle. I'm the total opposite!

Patricia Ha. :' D
I think all of us Goodreads members wouldn't want it any other way! ; )

Haleema =D

message 12: by Zara (new)

Zara LMFAO....you are seriously funny dude! but yeah, TOTALLY agree with you there about hush hush. when i finished reading the book, the ending was like total 'wtf' for me. i mean, far out, would YOU fall in love with someone who was like PLANNING you death and shit?!?!

message 13: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle RED!

message 14: by P. (new)

P. Patch. He's... all patched up after getting beaten up... by those people... that he played pool with?

I don't know, that was in the first book, wasn't it?

OH WHO CARES! You're right about everything.

Kelsi Calliari yea, Patch. Come here Patch, come here boy!! I hate that name!

Stormi (BMReviewsohmy) I think that was the funniest negative review I have ever read! I have never read this series because I am not much on fallen angel books, and I think I am glad that I have not tried these books. :)

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna Ah Patch... I remember first reading the summary at the back of Hush Hush and thinking, "What the hell? Isn't that a dog's name?". Then I read the book and learned he's also so creepy... I stopped while I was ahead. I have yet to read any of the sequels and don't really plan to but enjoy hilarious negative reviews such as this.

By the way, I freaking love the name of your disorder but I've very sorry you have it D;

Haleema It is an unfortunate thing, my disorder. But I'm fighting through it! Thank you!

message 19: by Elisa (new)

Elisa I feel a morbid pull to read this book, just to finish the trilogy and be able to say I did it...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

PTJRARCBD - I LOVE it! I might name a shelf in your honor!

Haleema Elisa, I understand. I just might finish it as well. Even if I don't want to. I just want to know how things end.

Lyn, feel free! =D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

had you read more you would have loved it. I agreed with your review for the first hundred pages.

Haleema I don't even think I would have had the strength!

Tiffeny Hahaha! While I didn't agree with most of what you said (I liked the book), I "liked" your review. Hillarious. The Red Forman part was the best. Awesome! Thanks for the laugh. Oh, and you really should finish the book. It got much better after the first 100 pages.

Stephanie Rosalie Okay....first i think this is kind of rude of you and i'm not saying that just cause i liked the book. Yes Nora can be a little slow sometimes but still you shouldn't be so rude. And Nora and Vee called her mom those names because she had an affair with Marcie's dad. I mean she had a BABY with him while he was married and still saw him when she married Nora's "dad". I think anyone who does that deserves to be called a whitch. She also lied to Nora half the time about going on "buisness trips" while she was really with Marcie's dad. But yes the part about Red was funny. And you d spend to much time on this if you hate it. All you had to say was,"Hated it". and left it at that.But you have the right to speak what you want so don't get all mad at me cause so do i.

Kristine Julihanns Woah woah woahh...!the book was fineeee, honey! Yes Nora is such a whining bitch but don't mess with my Patch....he can be called Ballsacks and I don't give a damn...he's still my precious puppy. But wow...I laughed reading ur review....a lot..thanx for the good time! Cya!

Betty Wang Totally agree with ur review! Nora grey is just SUPER dumb! Most of the time I was thinking OMG I thought u were a gifted student, then why r u not getting it! Sooooo frustrating

Haleema Tiffeny wrote: "Hahaha! While I didn't agree with most of what you said (I liked the book), I "liked" your review. Hillarious. The Red Forman part was the best. Awesome! Thanks for the laugh. Oh, and you rea..."

Lol, thank you, Tiffeny.

message 29: by Haleema (last edited Sep 03, 2012 06:00PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Haleema Stephanie Rosalie wrote: "Okay....first i think this is kind of rude of you and i'm not saying that just cause i liked the book. Yes Nora can be a little slow sometimes but still you shouldn't be so rude. And Nora and Vee c..."

What? You jump from one place to another. First you say, "I thought what you did was rude. I know Nora is slow, but it's rude." Then you say, "All you could have done was say you hated it." Then, "Well, it's your right to do what you want. Don't get mad at me." What was the point of your comment?

I'll straighten this out for you. This book is poorly written and deserves no respect. And if you think I'm being rude by expressing my opinion, then you're lost, Stephanie.

message 30: by Haleema (last edited Sep 03, 2012 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Haleema Kristine wrote: "Woah woah woahh...!the book was fineeee, honey! Yes Nora is such a whining bitch but don't mess with my Patch....he can be called Ballsacks and I don't give a damn...he's still my precious puppy. B..."

Ballsacks...? Ballsacks, the fallen angel? Do you think that sounds right? Ask yourself, Kristine.

Thank you, oh lover of Ballsacks.

Haleema Betty wrote: "Totally agree with ur review! Nora grey is just SUPER dumb! Most of the time I was thinking OMG I thought u were a gifted student, then why r u not getting it! Sooooo frustrating"

Nora Grey is a gifted student. What nonsense. The sentence itself is a contradiction!

Kristine Julihanns heyy...that's what I'm saying...is an AWFUL name but patch is still a hotness....thanksssssssss

Annaq Can I just say that I loved silence. Two I call my friends mom "witches" all the time two did you NOT read hush hush patch got his name from there. Can I also say who ever has to dis authors work like this is an ass.

Kristine Julihanns Ohmygod...WHY IS EVERYONE CRITICIZING MY FREAKING POST WHEN EVERYTHING I SAID WAS THAT I DIDNT CARE WHAT NAME PATCH HAD (JEV) HE'S STILL A HOTTIE, BCUS THAT GIRL UP THERE IS CRITICIZING THE WHOLE FUCKING BOOK!! AND I KNOW WHERE THE NAME PATCH COMES FROM!!! -_-

Haleema Annaq wrote: "Can I just say that I loved silence. Two I call my friends mom "witches" all the time two did you NOT read hush hush patch got his name from there. Can I also say who ever has to dis authors work l..."

Oh, Annaq. Where are your manners? Have you left them in the trash along with your brain?

message 36: by P. (last edited Sep 24, 2012 05:37PM) (new)

P. Wait, wait. Didn't they call Patch Patch because they used to get into fights a lot? So they... beat him up and then patched him up again. Um... those ... friends of his, or whatever they were.

(I've only read book one, how do I know this? I should give myself chocolate for remembering.)

Haleema Palice, I have no clue! I'm assuming you're right.

I still think naming an angelic character Patch is simply nonsensical.

Kristine Julihanns Palice, you're totally right.. his true name is Jeb but because he got into fights a lot and etc his "nickname" or w.e you wanna call it is Patch :)) and im with you Haleema...! Is realty...wtf :/

Kristine Julihanns Sorry...JEV...

message 40: by P. (new)

P. :O
I
WAS
RIGHT?

Kristine Julihanns Lol yeahh..well I remember it like that!

message 42: by Sophia (new)

Sophia I laughed so hard reading this. XD

Kristine Julihanns Lol whyy

Haleema Kristine, I think she meant my review.

Thanks, Sophia!

Kristine Julihanns No...I was talking about that u thought naming an angelic character Patch etc...but okkk

Kristine Julihanns Um so-ryy!...damnn...now people can't even have a mistake

Kristine Julihanns OMG ...WHATEVER

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Kristine wrote: "OMG ...WHATEVER"

Sorry to but in, but darling your post is not helping you look any smarter.

Kristine Julihanns I got confused in this damned convo and now everybody's criticizing...thanx a lot guys

message 50: by Haleema (last edited Sep 25, 2012 05:18AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Haleema Kristine wrote: "I got confused in this damned convo and now everybody's criticizing...thanx a lot guys"

Lol, what is the matter with you, Kristine? Why are you still commenting on my review like you own it? Move on.

« previous 1