Melissa's Reviews > The Way With You

The Way With You by Anne Mercier

Alright everyone, please simmer down. I get it. I was so totally Team Cam from the first book, and yes, when I first saw spoilers about this book, I didn't know how I felt about reading it. I was torn, conflicted and I actually had to go back and remind myself, from the first book, who Bash was. All that being said, I still read the book. I still found myself drawn to the story and now, I really want to see Cam's redemption. Don't get me wrong, I actually feel very happy for the characters of Liv and Bash, that's what love should be. So enthralled with someone, you can't help but want to be with them, no matter what else is going on in your life. Bash had that for Liv.

I still feel so strongly though, about the personality flip that occurred with Cameron. Maybe he just wasn't as strong as we thought, maybe he has more issues than we know about. What I hope for, but that is up for the author to decide if the character is pulling her to tell his story, is a book were Cam learns from this. Remember, the guy is only 20 (ish)! At some point, there has got to (I hope) be a person that lights a fire under him, hits him over the head with a stick (how many alliterations do I need here) that will have him change his ways? Who knows?

All that being said, overall, the story has what I have always loved about Anne's books, strong characters, drama value and a HEA, but maybe just not the way we expected.

PS - Please, do not just write this book off because of spoilers that you may have read - and don't get mad just because of your own personal views! READ THE BOOK!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way With You.

May 22, 2016 – Started Reading