Vanessa's Reviews > The Converted

The Converted by C.R. Hindmarsh

Apr 29, 2011

bookshelves: tbb-review

At the beginning of this book, I was certained that the whole story would be about typical demon-fighting, with strong religion involvement. Frankly speaking, I was expecting something a bit mediocre as I read through. In fact, I was ready to skip some pages wondering if I would be left questioning my requesting for this book in the first place. However, as the story evolved, I found myself slowly drawn to the story and suddenly, the concept and plot quite worked for me. The plot was very easy for me to understand, unlike other books of the same category I’ve read before. It was slow, yet, very clear and thought-provoking. There’s almost nothing confusing about the story. The gun slinging action and suspense factor was always engaging, along with its various, should I say, colorful ‘converted’ side characters present in the story. I could see myself amid the chaos, as a bystander, when everything unravels.

While The Converted worked for me, I cannot guarantee that other readers would feel the same way as I have. All I can say is it was an interesting, adult sci-fi with a little bit of subtle romance to cater to its female readers’ fantasy. Despite some religious element in it, this book isn’t about religion at all. I reckoned it’s all about ethic, humanity and respect for one another.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Converted.