Jaime Arkin's Reviews > The Replacement Crush

The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts

May 21, 2016

bookshelves: 2016, galley-arc, read-in-2016, contemporary, stand-alone-books, swoony-boys, ya

The Replacement Crush is the perfect summer read! Light-hearted and fun, it was definitely a cute read and one I really enjoyed.

Vivian spent the summer making out with her long-time crush and is looking forward to the first day of school where they’ll eat lunch together and kiss between classes… but that’s not to be, and her first day doesn’t go quite as planned. She decides that her next crush is going to be someone safe so she starts a list and makes a plan. In the meantime, she’ll work in her mom’s bookstore and keep blogging about the romance novels she reads!

Enter Dallas, the nerdy but hot new guy. He’s working at the bookstore too, helping design software to make running the store easier! Vivian is determined to ignore each and every clue that he’s the guy for her because she’s not willing to put her heart on the line for anyone again.

I managed to read this in a day. There’s nothing new here as far as contemporary YA goes, but it’s written in a way that will have you turning pages! Vivian and Dallas have some great chemistry, though admittedly I could have used a bit more kissing!

If you’re a fan of nerdy guys and stories low on the drama, get your hands on this, I think you’ll be surprised how much you enjoy it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement Crush.

May 21, 2016 – Shelved
June 25, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
June 25, 2016 – Shelved as: ya
June 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Tandie (new) - added it

Tandie I'm a huge fan of hot nerdy guys! This sounds fluffy & fun.