Ann Ocean's Reviews > The Way With You

The Way With You by Anne Mercier

it was ok

Don't read if you don't want spoilers.

I am honestly not sure about how I feel about this book. I read it pretty quickly. Not sure if it's because it's a quick read or because I just went through it that fast.
I didn't like how it ended. I feel like there was no real character development. Cam's story could have rounded out a little more. I don't see how he could just fall out of love with her. He was pretty intense in the first book. That drastic of a character change is only substantial for psychopaths. There should have been more there.
Sebastian was the only one that had consistency. While I feel Olivia was justified in her actions, I think she could have questioned things a little more. Maybe made a little bit of an effort in her relationship with Cam instead of blaming it all on him. If the book was flushed out a little more it would have been an awesome read. I don't know if I am upset that Olivia and Cam are not together or if I just don't like the change in Cam. He understood his faults, but if it were a little more developed, it would have made more sense. I think Anne Mercier wanted to give a shock value. And she did. I just feel like it would have been better a little more flushed out. It feels like it was done quickly to meet a deadline, which sucks, because it had so much potential. In some ways I hope there is a 3rd book so we can see more development. It seemed unfinished for me. Cam HAS to redeem himself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way With You.

May 20, 2016 – Shelved
May 20, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 22, 2016 – Started Reading
May 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Sanam Thank you very much for the spoiler i will stay away from this book !

message 2: by Dedra (new)

Dedra I absolutely loved the first book. I haven't read the 2nd one and I'm not going to now. I can't believe with everything Olivia went through and how good Cam was to her that they didn't end up together. I would have been really mad if I read this! Ugh!

Lauren I felt the same way. The story felt rushed and I wish it was more developed. Cam felt so much for Olivia in the first book. How did all that disappear overnight? I new Seb liked Olivia but her feelings weren't for him. I didn't feel the love between them. Just because they said it doesn't mean I got it.