Julius's Reviews > Slow Kingdom Coming: Practices for Doing Justice, Loving Mercy and Walking Humbly in the World

Slow Kingdom Coming by Kent Annan

Kent Annan's Slow Kingdom Coming: Practices for Doing Justice, Loving Mercy and Walking Humbly in the World explores the spiritual practice of justice for those who want to make a real difference in the world. In a world with so much injustice, those who work for peace and justice often find themselves overwhelmed and hopeless. Annan's vision helps us take a deep breath and practice that justice with the intention and hopefulness that name the Christian spiritual life.

So the five practices that compose the Christian spiritual life of justice -- Attention, Confession, Respect, Partnering, and Truthing -- focus Christian living. Each is given its own chapter, filled with personal accounts sprinkled with theological insight, and each is an absolute joy to read.

This is an amazing book for all those facing burnout in their work for the Kingdom of God's Peace with Justice. That work is the work of ministry, so this is a book every pastor particularly should pick up and read -- probably once a year. I know I will.

_________________
I received a free copy of this book as part of the Speakeasy Blog Review Program in exchange for my honest review here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Kingdom Coming.

May 19, 2016 – Started Reading