Lisa's Reviews > The Replacement Crush

The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts

Sep 18, 2016

bookshelves: 2016, finished-copy, blog-tour

Vivian, the daughter of a bookstore owner, has lived her life surrounded by books. She even has a book blog where she reviews books... romance books, for the most part. She keeps this part of her life pretty quiet though, as the idea of reading romance books comes with its own insinuations in her beach town. Most of the other students are surfing and hanging out at parties, while she's living it up in her mother's store, head always stuck in a book. (She's totally my kind of girl!)

After Vivian is heartbroken after a recent breakup (if you can even call it a breakup), she comes up with a list of potential replacement crushes. In making this list, however, she avoids anyone that give her a "zing". Basically, anyone that she's attracted to. This includes the new, sweet guy in town, Dallas. Vivian can't deny her instant attraction to Dallas. But with fears of being hurt again, she refuses to acknowledge these feelings in any way. This is where the fun begins.

giddiness

Okay, I'm just going to put this out there... Dallas is MINE!! He's my new book boyfriend. I fell for him, and I fell HARD! Bam, right on the ground. Game. Set. Match. I'm always a total sucker for sweet, nerdy guys, and Dallas was no exception! (Just think Max from The Start of Me and You. I know, right?!) I adored how he interacted with everyone around him, including silly, lost, emotional little Vivian. She was such a dork herself, and I adored her to pieces. These two were totally adorable and I couldn't help but want to smoosh them together.

excited4

AGAIN!!! Lisa Brown Roberts has AGAIN made me fall in love with her characters to the point that I CAN'T stop thinking about them!!! I've read everything written by Lisa thus far, and I've loved every single one. Guys, if you're not reading Lisa's books, you really should look into them. They're such light, adorable and sweet stories that are perfect to read between much more serious ones. I use them as a bit of a refresher after reading an intense read, and they're just perfect for this!! An author you won't want to miss if you enjoy contemporary YA as much as I do!!

image

(Thanks to Entangled Teen for the review copy!)

Find this review and others like it at Lost in Literature!

lostinlit

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement Crush.

May 17, 2016 – Shelved