Jo's Reviews > Blaze

Blaze by Suzanne Wright

bookshelves: 4-stars, gr2017, heroines-i-love, mine

4.25 Stars

A great second installment to this series!

“I’m just me. People can like it or they can lump it, but they won’t change me.”

Harper is still awesome, snarky, stubborn and feisty. I love how she keeps true to herself, unwilling to change for anyone. And I absolutely love how she continues to stand up to Knox.

He hadn’t thought he had gentleness in him until Harper came along. She’d walked into his office, all shiny and unique and stubborn, and she’d lit his life right up – brought out plenty of emotions he hadn’t thought himself capable of feeling.

Knox is still as controlling as ever and I absolutely adore how protective he is over Harper, how her safety and happiness remains his main concern.

“You’re fucking everything to me. Don’t ever think differently.”

The romance was wonderful and I loved seeing Knox and Harper growing in their relationship. Both are stubborn and with Knox’s over-protectiveness of Harper they have their very first fight and it was fun seeing them learn how to compromise. I didn’t like the fact that Harper was confronted by two of his exes, although it was wonderful how she handled them, full of snark and sarcasm, sure in the knowledge that Knox has only ever loved her. She never allowed them to get the better of her.

The plot was intriguing and action-packed with Harper being targeted again because someone was trying to get to Knox. The repetitions was a bit annoying and unnecessary because if you’ve read the first book recaps weren’t necessary and honestly this is not the kind of series that you can start reading in the middle.

“Evil kids can be real cute, you know,” said Lou. “Haven’t you seen Stephen King’s Pet Sematary? When that little boy goes after his mother with a scalpel… wow, totally cute. You can’t help but want to hug him.” He tilted his head. “I wonder why King deliberately spelled ‘Sematary’ wrong. I’ll Google it later.”

I love all the secondary characters and I really hope there will be a book for Tanner and Devon, the heated banter between this hellhound and hellcat is excellent. I also hope that there might be something between Keenan and Khloë because they are just hilarious together! And Lucifer “Lou” continues to be favorite of mine, especially with all the outlandish things he says.

I love this author’s writing and this series is fantastic with all the hilarious humor, great characters, suspenseful plot and sexy romance. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze.

May 17, 2016 – Shelved
July 17, 2017 – Shelved as: 4-stars
July 17, 2017 – Shelved as: gr2017
July 17, 2017 – Shelved as: heroines-i-love
August 18, 2017 – Shelved as: mine

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Hope your enjoying it Jo ❤ xo

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Hope your enjoying it Jo ❤ xo"

I am, thank you Alicia :-)

Deborah Fab review Jo so glad you're enjoying this series 💚

message 4: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Deborah wrote: "Fab review Jo so glad you're enjoying this series 💚"

Thank you so much, sweetie! :-)

message 5: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Terrific review, Jo! Glad you liked it! 💟

message 6: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Nazanin wrote: "Terrific review, Jo! Glad you liked it! 💟"

Thanks a lot, Nazanin!! :-)

message 7: by Aileene (new) - added it

Aileene I'm looking forward to meeting these characters esp Knox.

message 8: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Aileene wrote: "I'm looking forward to meeting these characters esp Knox."

LOL, you'll definitely like them all, Aileene ;-D