Dwayne's Reviews > Two Texas Hearts

Apr 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: e-book-copy
Read on April 27, 2011

Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

Two Texas Hearts is my first J.T. read and I find this one very tender romance. That's to be expected in my case as it's been recommended from an Amazon thread that was about sweet & tender romances. Having said that, my impressions were that there were lots of conflicts and cattle (yes, cattles) in this book, but not enough romance for my liking!

As I've said, there's a lot of farm-related conflicts that affect our protagonists, and most were rather confusing. I didn't think they developed the characters much, only acted to extend the plot, more like. There weren't any twists also, so that kind of bored me a little. The characters were rather confusing and inconsistent, and although this romance is one sweet and gentle loving, I don't feel much as to how the author built up the affection between these two. Between the characterisation and that I think, this book could have been so much better.

There is however, secondary characters Jamie and Cheyenne, which I have adored! Such strong, three dimensional characters, although one might say a little untamed. They give vibrance to the story and truth be told, I'd have loved to read more about their I-hate-you-but-I-love-you romance. Delightful! Shame the protagonists were not these two!

For the reason above, the inconsistent characterisation and the myriad of unnecessary conflicts, I'm afraid this one is not on my keeper shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Texas Hearts.