Alyssa Calloway's Reviews > The Daughters Join the Party

The Daughters Join The Party
By Joanna Philbin

Pages: 269
Read: once, week of December 19, 2011
Series: The Daughters (#4)

As always, possible spoilers, so beware.

First Line: Emma Conway stood up, looked carefully around, and stepped away from the clump of bushes in front of Flanner Hall.

The fourth novel in The Daughters series introduces us to Emma Conway, the fifteen year old daughter of Adam Conway, a politician with aspirations to run for president. Emma is sort of a “rebel”. She dyes her hair, wears all black, and doesn’t care what people think of her. Naturally, Emma feels like an outcast in her family, especially since her brother, Remington, is an all A student and the perfect son – in other words, the complete opposite of Emma.

I really liked this Daughters novel because Emma seemed really genuine and real. I also got this vibe from Carina, who’s Daughters novel is my second favorite (Emma’s would be first). Emma deals with family problems, boy problems, friend problems, and identity problems as many other girls do. That makes her relatable and her story that much more enjoyable.

I was most interested in Remington because none of the other Daughters have a sibling. Remington added that sibling rivalry problem to the story that was enjoyable because so many people can relate.

All in all, I enjoyed this Daughters novel. Although, I feel like Emma didn’t have much interaction with Hudson and Carina. She mostly talked to Lizzie. I am hoping that if there are more Daughters novels Emma will build a deeper friendship with them.

What Happens Next?
No word yet on if there will be a fifth novel in this series. All previous books are now available in paperback.

Buy? Rent? Borrow?
I would suggest borrowing this novel from the library or from a friend as it’s one of those series that, although enjoyable to read, is not one you’d pick up again and again. If you decide you want to own your own copy wait for the paperback version.

Cover Appeal
I adore the covers of the first three books and was hoping this would be just as fun and it certainly was! I’m not sure which one is my favorite to be honest.

Final Rating
3 ½ stars out of 5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daughters Join the Party.

April 27, 2011 – Shelved
December 23, 2011 –
page 150
December 27, 2011 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2011

Alyssa Calloway Love the cover!