Brittany's Reviews > The Assassin's Blade

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas

Check out my blog to see Reviews of Book and Movies, and check out some Recipes!

Integral back story into the humanization of the legend that is Celaena Sardothien. These 5 novellas delve into some of the adventures before the Throne of Glass Book 1 and before Endovian mines.

I loved being able to get to know Sam on a more intimate novel. I previously read Books 1 and 2, and it helped explain SO much of the thoughts and feelings that Celaena has had and dealt with. If you didn't hate Arobynn before with slight references you will be hard pressed not to after this and yelling at Celaena to connect the dots!

My 2 favorites were 0.3 The Silent Assassins and 0.4 the Underworld. If you are into the Throne of Glass or thinking about getting started, I HIGHLY recommend this book. the order of the books DO matter and should be read in their designated order for maximum enjoyment. as they build upon and reference points within other stories at time. You will have an even more intense love for Celaena and the intricate world that Sarah J. Maas has so brilliantly created. 5 stars as a combined novella book for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin's Blade.

December 15, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 16, 2016 – Shelved
May 22, 2016 – Started Reading
May 22, 2016 –
page 26
5.59% "great start to the back story"
May 23, 2016 –
page 92
19.78% "finished the first story with the pirate lord, it was a nice glimpse into caelana, and Sam. thoroughly loving the 2nd story with the healer so far"
June 23, 2016 –
50.0% "LOVE LOVE LOVING this"
June 25, 2016 –