Lauren Stoolfire's Reviews > Replica

Replica by Lauren Oliver

Feb 21, 2017

liked it

I started with Gemma's story, which I ended up preferring to Lyra's. Although, Gemma got a little irritating at times, I liked the mystery she was trying to uncover about her family and Haven and she's connected to it. Plus, Pete (dubbed "Perv" by his classmates) seems like genuinely nice person with a kind of addictive personality. As for Lyra's story, I'm glad that 72 got to do a little more there. I know there's a sequel coming, but I honestly wish we had a little more closure for both stories. This is my first Lauren Oliver book and while I liked it, it just didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I definitely plan on trying Delirium in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Replica.

May 16, 2016 – Shelved
May 16, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 18, 2017 – Started Reading
February 18, 2017 –
page 15
2.88% "Gemma has two cats and they're named Ender and Bean!"
February 18, 2017 –
page 44
February 19, 2017 –
page 64
page 100
19.23% "Gemma's logic.. Okay, then!"
page 197
37.88% "Better think before you insult your only friend, Gemma, the one who is doing you a huge favor by the way."
page 202
38.85% "It's a good thing Pete's being so nice and friendly - so she can use him like this."
page 218
41.92% "One hundred greatest bluegrass hits of the 1970s - I would totally listen to that playlist!"
page 284
54.62% "And so concludes Gemma - very good but I wish there was a bit more closure before turning the book over and starting in on Lyra."
February 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Brittney (new)

Brittney I have come to find that her books sound so much better than what they turn out to be. The Delirium series, Panic....not so great really.

Lauren Stoolfire Brittney wrote: "I have come to find that her books sound so much better than what they turn out to be. The Delirium series, Panic....not so great really."

This is the first book of hers that I've read, but I will say that her others sound good.

message 3: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Well you might like them you never know! It sounds like you sort of liked this one.

I'm still going to check this out, it just sounds too good to let slide.

Lauren Stoolfire Brittney wrote: "Well you might like them you never know! It sounds like you sort of liked this one.

I'm still going to check this out, it just sounds too good to let slide."

It's definitely interesting, that's for sure.