Wendy Bunnell's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

20668719

I'm late to the party with this one, because it came out years ago and so did the movie based on it. In fact, I can only barely remember watching the movie. I remember how it ended, so that wasn't a surprise and didn't punch me in the gut like it did when I watched the movie.

I'm researching time travel books and this one is a biggie in the romantic subplot arena, right up there with Outlander. Heck, half of the time travel romance books you look at when shopping online now practically have this cover. The same Tiffany blue background, the word "Time" as part of the title in Times New Roman font. They're practically cover clones, some of them.

I liked the main characters and the plot was definitely compelling. I was frustrated with their dogged insistence on some things which lead to big plot holes. I'll put it in spoilers (view spoiler)

I'm reading another of her books now, Her Fearful Symmetry, and we'll see how that goes.

May 15, 2016 – Shelved