Lynetta's Reviews > Absolution by Murder

U 50x66
Apr 26, 2011

bookshelves: mysteries
Read in April, 2011

Our book group was to discuss this book. I did't like the enormous number of characters introduced--genealogy I was not interested in, but the plot and activities moved quickly. I didn't realize Sister Fidelma had an international society. She is in a religious order and is a dalaigh, a cross between a lawyer/judge and private investigator. King Oswy has gathered many important religious figures at the Abbey of Streoneshalh to argue for the Celtic or Roman Church. At the end he will pick one of these for all the lands under his control. Meanwhile his son wants power, the religious representatives are behaving badly, there are threats of a civil war. Abbess Etain, a speaker for the Celtic faction,is found with her throat slashed. Tremayne has set up several possible murderers but the plot thickens when others are murdered, also! She is paired with Eadulf to investigate and sparks fly. A good light historical mystery and one of several in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution by Murder.